Re: Little tube thingy on the end of the starter: what is

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jul 16 2011 - 23:53:47 EDT

knox.james@sympatico.ca wrote:

> The baffles are for the turbo sound of a Chrysler starter as opposed
> to the noise a GM or Ford starter makes :-)

Aha! So its actually a little muffler then... :-) (But does it need
bearings?) ;-) Or maybe its there to make it easier to drain and then
refill your starter fluid. I've never actually tried putting starter
fluid in a starter, but it sounds like that idea may have some
potential as a good way to kick off a DML BBQ bonfire... :-)

--
                                          -Jon-