MTCE ALERT , GEN 1 & 2

From: knox.james@sympatico.ca
Date: Sun Jul 31 2011 - 02:03:54 EDT

The Left turn signal light has been intermittent on my 91 Dak on days with moisture . I removed rear LH Lens assembly to replace bulb which covers 3 functions . The sockets were rotted away to disintergation .

Now comes the surprise . I got the only 2 brake,signal,tail lite sockets in stock at Chrysler Parts depot Canada . Back-up lite socket discontinued . None of the parts stores had the back-up socket listed . I went to an auto wreckers and opened up 6 Dakotas , all sockets were rough to paper thin . 2 sets of sockets can be refurbished . The rear fenders of my Dak aren't rusted .

This is heads up on a corrosion problem & parts scarcity .

Jim : 91 Dak Sport 4x4 , 318 premag