Re: Adios Dakota

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2011 - 16:50:30 EDT

On Fri, August 12, 2011 12:43 pm, Ray Block wrote:

> From Autoweek.com 8/11/11........
>
> "Ram Dakota: Ram will stop making the Dakota this month. Sources say
> discussions of a possible replacement for the mid-sized pickup have been
> shelved."

Well, okay, Autoweek gets their news from unnamed "sources." Allpar
reported on a webcast interview with Ram brand CEO Fred Diaz (he's The
Decider, dontcha know).

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2011/08/ram-unveils-new-spots-in-webcast

"The question of smaller pickups and the possible use of the Fiat Strada
pickup in a future Ram lineup was raised. Diaz said they are still looking
at a a small/midsize truck and the Strada has been considered."

Doesn't sound like anything is definite at this point. I will concede
that nothing looks good for the future of mid-sized or smaller trucks, no
matter what brand. The Fiat Strada they mention is ugly (Google it), but
no uglier than any of the other ideas that have been floating around.

--
Jason Bleazard  dontspamjason@bleazard.net  Burlington, Ontario