Clackity clackity

Date: Mon Aug 15 2011 - 14:55:40 EDT

I was driving my '95 Dakota 4x4 with 8.25" factory LSD up my workplace's
parking garage today, which has tight 180 degree corners on the end of
the ramps to go to the next level. I had the window rolled down and I'm
hearing a "clack" like a rock being dropped on concrete with a barely
audible "squeak" when I have the wheel cranked most of the way left or
right. It sounds like it's making the noise every rotation of the
tires.

It was hard to localize the noise, but it sounded like it was coming
from the rear end. I've never heard this noise before. Any of you guys
have any ideas on how expensive this one is going to be to fix? :(

Thanks,

M.B.