Re: The Haunted AC

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2011 - 22:58:12 EDT

On Tuesday 13 September 2011 18:47:39 you wrote:
> Well, maybe not haunted, but odd. Recently, my '98 Dak decided that even
> when the AC knob is OFF, that is should still blow the fan! It blows in all
> positions of the knob, but stops when the key is OFF (for now, anyway).

Short circuit across the resistor board, maybe? I'd start by pulling that and
checking it with a meter. In my '01, it's located under the dash in the
passenger footwell area. I think your '98 has it behind the dash, though,
where you have to pull the wiper arms and the cover over the cowl area to get
at it.