rust prevention in galvanized panel

From: Eric (huffy340@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2011 - 13:09:12 EDT

My 99 Dak talked to a pole yesterday a little. I wasn't there, so I
don't know exactly what happened!

Anyway, the truck bed is dented around the wheel opening and there
is some paint flaking, showing nicely galvanized metal below it.

Assuming I just sort of bang it out, how should I paint this to
keep it from rusting?

I *am* tempted to have the lower half of the truck (or maybe just
the rest of the bed) Linex coated, since I've always wanted to do
that to a vehicle. I am not sure it would look right, though.