Re: ADMIN: Dakota Mailing List Ettiquite [Monthly Posting]

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 06 2011 - 22:45:15 EST

In article <201111010405.pA1451kW017965@bent.twistedbits.net>,
jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> Flames, Bickering, And Other Such Nonsense:
>
> Three words: DON'T DO IT! More words: If you feel the need to get
> into a fightin' match with another DMLer, please do so via private e-mail.
> There are about a thousand other DMLers who could care less about your
> particular squabble. Plus, posts from the DML are archived for all eternity
> and viewable by hundreds of millions of web surfers. The DML as a whole
> has traditionally been quite good in this regard, but as our numbers grow,
> naturally, the intimate nature of the list can start to deteriorate
> somewhat. I don't think it necessarily HAS to be this way though, and
> I'd really prefer if non-constructive posts of this nature were not spewed
> across the list. Like I mentioned before, I'm not preventing you from
> continuing your squabble, just please do it via private e-mail. I don't
> like having to police the list, but I'm not going to let a vocal minority
> screw up the list for everyone else, so if I have to resort to warnings
> and bans, I will. How do you know if a thread is getting out of control?
> Just think real hard before you send something out. Is your post a rational
> one, based on facts, or is it full of personal attacks? Even if it is
> rational, if we've heard it a million times before and all its doing is to
> further a pointless argument, why post it again? A REALLY good clue is if
> you notice other DMLers replying to the posts with messages along the lines
> of "please take this off list", or "stop this", its best to comply and take
> it to private e-mail. Thanks! :-)

Hmm - we have not had a good flame war in ages.

GEN I's are awesome with their 4.7L powered semi hemis and all you 5.2 L Gen II
dak owners who drive trucks that look like for rangers cant beat the R/Ts with
their lightening killer 360 CI magnums and quad cabs are the best since bread
was sliced with fastman TBs driving on Yokohama Geolanders which are
billiontytimes better than your stupid BFGs! on cragar wheels which suck
because my truck has R/T wheels but its really a Gen I base truck with a 4
popper that has a gargantuan hood scoop that you all dont have and my Gibson
sounds infinity times cooler than your Blowmaster exhaust!!!

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!