Re: OT: Time Lapse Video?

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2012 - 10:15:39 EST

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:09, Gary Hedlin <superdak@gmail.com> wrote:

> I got a small JVC HD recorder, but nothing more than that.  I'll probably
> need something more than that.. :)

OK, I was thinking you had a digital still camera of some sort.

If I were to try this with my setup (Canon Rebel), I'd either tether
the camera to a laptop, or pick up an intervaleometer which can be set
to trigger the shutter on any interval. Mount the camera in the car,
set it for a 5-minute interval, and hit the road.

Apparently the GoPro Hero can do this with built-in functions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65wHnBn8Az0