Re: Trans swap

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2012 - 11:14:45 EST

Will the computer from my 99 5.2l run a 46re Trans ? And what shop is the
place to go to now ? <<

You have a few options as far as PCMs. All 318's in 99 were mated to a 42re.
You can make the PCM run the 46re without any lights or errors with a custom
flash (SCT is most popular right now). As far as where to get your trans, I
got one from Martin Saine. It's a 46re built to hold 700hp and I paid 2350
for it on my doorstep. Shifts are slightly firmer around town, but knock you
in the back at wide open. Worth every penny!

- miggity

00' stroked R/T CC
DMLer since 1996!