O'head console

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat Feb 25 2012 - 11:26:58 EST

My '95 has overhead console & it suddenly quit working
last week, along with the radio stopped working. Got
around to working on it Thursday & found that a fuse out
under the hood had shot(little 5 amp marked as "Ign off
draw"). Now what the He__ does that mean to the everyday
old Country Boy that drives a Dakota??? Nothing to me!!
Nowhere does the Drivers handbook describe or correctly
identify this fuse as having anything to do with either the
radio or the O'head console... Replaced the fuse & got
radio & the drivers side lamp in the O'head console to
work, but the pass side lamp will still not work.. Went
to work on removing the console..Got it out after about
an hour without breaking anything.. What a joy!! (Keep
in mind I have a complete set of Factory Service manuals
for the '95 Dakota). They leave a lot to be desired on some
things & removing the console is 1 of them & identifying
that fuse is another...
I'm through venting now!!
OK finally here is my delima. The pass side lamp still
does not work. I found a small PC board in the console
that apparently has to do with the lamps in that it
controls the dimming & slowly going out after you
close a door. Both lamps ohmed out good. Switch
to manually turn lamp on clicks, but no light(switch
is controlled by pushing up on the lens until it clicks).

Anyone on this list got any ideas as to how I can get my
problem solved?? Anyone got any leads to a complete
working O'head console for sale?? Any & all leads
appreciated.... I tried the local 'you pull it' with no luck.

Working for God on earth doesn't pay
very much, but the Retirement Plan is
out of this world!.!.

Azie