Re: Re: AC Tips?

From: Jamie C (jamie12ga@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2012 - 15:46:05 EDT

Thanks for the replies.
My '96 never had decent cooling capabilities over 93ish degrees, so I was
wondering about some of the mod people do to try to improve the AC.
One is to install a ball valve in the heater lines to keep hot coolant from
entering the heater box during the summer. I looked and there's no
automatic heater bypass valve in my '96. Do the later models have them?
Another mod is to install an automatically adjusting orifice tube. If
interested, I found an interesting article about them here:
http://www.imcool.com/articles/aircondition/VOV1.htm

Does anyone have any experience with these mods? Any other tips to improve
cooling?
Thanks again.