Re: 2000 Dakota Infinity Sound system

From: Bill Pitz (bill@pitz.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2012 - 13:38:54 EDT

The amp is located behind the kick panel on the passenger's side. If I
remember correctly, you have to take off the door sill trim and then you
can pop the kick panel off -- it has 2 or 3 clips holding it on. The
stock amp is very tall and narrow (I think it's only about 7" wide), so
you may have to shop a bit to find an amp that fits in that opening.

The amp takes speaker-level inputs (e.g. the speaker output from your
head unit). If you put in a new amp, you'll probably want to run new
wiring so you can use line-level input from your head unit and increase
the audio quality a bit.

For what it is, the infinity amp is decent...but the factory speakers
were terrible.

-Bill