Lift

Date: Mon Jun 11 2012 - 00:43:12 EDT

My father recently built a new shop and installed a 2 post lift. I used
it for the first time today to replace my CV axles on my '95 Dak and I
have to say things are SO MUCH EASIER when you're not crawling around in
the dirt and oil flat on your back trying to replace something.

http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/daklift01.jpg

Downside is I found more redneck engineering on the driver's side front
suspension. The same idiots who stripped out one of the caliper bolt
holes and left it sitting in there loose until the caliper piston broke
into pieces and also ground down the head on one of the banjo bolts for
the caliper for no known reason) also stripped out the threaded hole for
the lower shock bolt. They replaced it with what appears to be a bolt
for a starter and a LUG NUT. Idiots!

Looks like I'm in for new shocks soon too. The fronts seem to be
semi-seized. I guess Bilsteins are in it's future.

M.B.