Tranny Q's

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2012 - 11:52:47 EDT

I've purchased a 1996 4X4 Ext cab Dak from the local
salvage yard just to get the frame & most of the drivetrain
for my '95 Ext cab Dak.
Both trucks are almost identically optioned.

My Q is:: Can I take the tailhousing & OD, from the
'96 & bolt it to my 2wd '95 case & it operate normally???.
The '96 changed to Electronics(A518 46RE) & the
'95 is a hydraulic (518 46RH).

I don't see any reason for the OD unit to change its mode of
engagement/disengagement, but you never know what the
engineers are thinking!!!!

A quote from Ronald Regan::
Politians & diapers should be changed
often & for the same reason.