Zerk fittings(?)

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2012 - 10:29:20 EDT

Brian writes:: >>So crawling around under the truck last
night inspecting the under-carriage I was looking at the nipples
at the chassis lube points of the front-end on my 95 Dakota
4x4. I figured these were Zerk fittings, but upon cleaning off
and closer inspection, they appear to be solid nipples (for lack
of a better word).

I removed one with a 8mm - 5/16th wrench, and it does indeed
seem to be solid.

Is there a separate, screw in fitting (ie: Mopar Special Part) that is
needed
to connect a grease gun to these lube points? <<

As David has already said they are merely plugs.. You are to
remove them & toss them in your miscellaneous bolts-nuts-etc,
drawer and insert zerk fittings in their plase so you can properly
grease the joints...

Take 1 of the plugs with you to your local parts house to make sure
you get grease fittnngs with the proper threads...

A quote from Ronald Regan::
Politians & diapers should be changed
often & for the same reason.

Azie