Re: DML:Good Grief!

From: Traci Pearson (pearsontechcomm@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2012 - 16:54:32 EST

They really like the pink wiring insulation on my
Dak! I don't know if this has actually done the
trick or not, but years ago I started putting
fresh Bounce (fabric softener) dryer sheets in my
engine compartment. I tie them around the main
wiring bundles, poke them into a couple of little
cubby holes, and use duct tape in a couple of
spots too. I change them every six month. I
haven't had any mice-chewed wiring since then!
Again, I don't know if it was the dryer sheets
that did the job or not, but...I still change them every six months.

At 02:33 PM 11/9/2012, you wrote:
>From: Phillip Batson <pbatson68@yahoo.com>
>Subject: DML:Good Grief!
>To: "dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net" <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
>
>The mice are terrible this year! They just cost
>me $300 in repairs to the lines they chewed up
>on the evap system. I've tried just about
>everything to keep them out. Habanero dust,
>mouse repellent...anyone got any other ideas?
>
>I may pick up a couple cases of mouse poison
>blocks and just throw them around the yard.

Traci Pearson
Pearson Technical Communication
Technical and Science Writing and Editing
<mailto:traci@pearsontechcomm.com>Traci@PearsonTechComm.com
• www.PearsonTechComm.com
(303) 410-9101