Re: sudden onset of stalling

From: tkoth (tkoth@cox.net)
Date: Wed May 15 2013 - 23:12:55 EDT

I have a 2000 with the 4.7 that had a stalling issue a few years back. It
would stall when I was slowing down to a stop. Never threw a code. But I
noticed when it occurred, as I was slowing down the speedometer would slowly
track down but suddenly drop to zero at about 10 MPH. That is also when the
engine would just die, or stumble if I could push in the clutch and work the
gas to keep it from dieing. I noticed that the speedo would sit on zero
until I got to 10 MPH and it would jump to 10, then act normal for the rest
of the drive. It turned out that I replaced the speedo sensor at the top of
the rear differential and all the problems went away.

It was odd that no codes were thrown or anything. Not sure if this fits
your situation or not but thought I'd share.

Good luck!

Tim