Re: Seems to be. was Need some Ideas truck starts like **shit.

From: Bill Pitz (bill@pitz.net)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2013 - 22:28:07 EST

Turn key to "on" without starting. Note position of voltmeter. Probably around 12 volts. (You could do the same with a multimeter in the cigarette lighter plug)

Start the engine and wait a few seconds. Voltage should pop up to around 14V if the alternator is producing energy.

I stand by my original guess that this is a bad battery. If it were the alternator, it would die again after you drove for a while and the battery ran out of juice.

Merry Christmas!

-Bill