Re: Seems to be. was Need some Ideas truck starts like **shit.

From: Ralph Phillips (ralphp2@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2013 - 14:14:28 EST

Optimas can be killed by older style voltage regulators, that don't keep
the voltage in line good enough. My 1991 Cougar can flat kill one in a
year (or so others with the same car can testify to).

For a Dakota, I'd skip the Optima and get a more traditional battery (saves
some shekels also!)

But that's me.

If I wasn't going to do that, I'd at least upgrade to a much newer PWM
controlled alternator.

RwP