Re: Stupid problem: oil filler cap is stuck

From: Ralph Phillips (ralphp2@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2013 - 12:57:23 EST

I think the BF&I method is better - than removing the valve cover and then
removing the oil filler cap.

Before you do that, I'd pick up a new one.

And suggestion to all here: If you do your own oil changes, step 1 is to
remove the filler cap ... and if it's got enough miles, replace it during
the oil/filter change.

RwP