Colors, etc.

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Thu Dec 07 1995 - 11:42:00 EST

> has the limited slip, but its not a 4x4. I didn't think the extra
> expense of the 4x4 was worth it. There was another post about

Yep, it's quite a jump from the 4x2 up to the 4x4 .... I had done some
shopping around, and got a copy of what the factory pays for the base
vehicle, and how much each option cost, and then told them I wanted to pay
"x" amount for the truck... got 'em to sell it to me for 500 over dealer
cost, then with the 500 cash back from CC, was paying just about exactly
invoice cost... I'm not the greatest haggler in the world, but it ended up
OK...

>color... Mine is 2 tone with the lower break (not the centerband).
>Most of the truck is black, but the lower break is that driftwood
>(tan/grey). It looks pretty nice when its not covered with road salt. :-P

I would've like to get the lower band two-tone, but it was a few extra $$$
and the paint I ordered (brilliant blue) was extra anyway... I think it
looks great in all one color, but I can definitely notice all the sand, road
salt, etc.... those 235/75R15 OWL tires tend to kick up quite a bit of
junk...

> really, really bad. Really sluggish, no response, no power. The
> 8 with an auto is better than a 6 with an auto, but my vote goes to
> the 5 speed with the 8 for best overall.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, especially since that's the combination I

                              --Ned Vogler
                                 (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
                                 '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4