Introduction

From: Gary Gellert (ggellert@junction.net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 1995 - 20:22:03 EST

Well, seeing as I have been reading this mailing list for a week or so
now, I figured I should send out an intro.

I've got a 92' Dakota 4wd with a regular cab and 8' box. Some of the
options I can think of include: Spectrum Blue paint, skid plates,
sure-grip rear axle with 3.55 gears, snowplow package with trans cooler,
and heavy GVW package. Also it came from the factory with the GoodYear
235/75/R15 XL mud and snow tires, but they only lasted about 40,000 km's
(25,000 miles) or so before they were bald.

Also, the important part, I've got the Magnum 318 with the 4 speed auto
tranny. I had the engine converted to dual-fuel (gas/propane) after
about 10,000 km's, to make it more economic to drive, otherwise up here
in Canada, I'd be spending $200 a month on gas (gas averages 53.9 cents
per litre, while propane is about 25.9 cents a litre in the summer, and
11.9 cents per litre in the winter).

Just have to say, I love the power of this combo. I've been clocked thru
a speed trap at 237 km/h or about 150 mph for you people who don't use
metric. But the truck sure does shake at that speed.