Oops

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Thu Feb 01 1996 - 12:21:00 EST

This was supposed to go to the list, as well as be a personal reply...

>From: ttempel
>Subject: New list-lurker, potential Dakota buyer...
>I'm looking for 2WD vs 4WD vs ClubCab (my preference), and combinations
>thereof, along with what would be decent prices, or if you don't mind what
>_you_ paid for your recent Dakotas.

Well, I bought a '96 Club Cab Super SLT Package V-8 5-speed 4x4 with the
following options (a bunch of stuff comes with the Super SLT Package which
is all listed in the Dakota showroom catalog if you've got one) premium
cloth buckets (didn't want a bench seat), power windows/locks/mirrors,
although I must say the mirrors certainly don't move very much for
being power, sliding rear window, factory bed liner... Total cost came to
19,713 which was about 3 grand less than sticker price... I went to the
dealer with a list of factory invoice prices, got him to give me the truck
for $500 over invoice, (which was about 19,200) then got him to throw in the
bedliner as well... made out OK I think. If I was doing it again, I think
I would order the optional "Predator" wheels, and the fog lights, but other
than that, I'm pleased as punch with my truck...

>So, how's the reliability? How's the price?

Well, the reliability has been great so far, but I've only got 3600 miles on
the ticker (had the truck since the middle of November), and the price
wasn't too bad considering most of the non-Mopar compact trucks were 17,000+
for extended cab 4x4 and they're so LITTLE!! I like the size of the Dakota,
it's not quite as big as a full-size, but I'm not cramped in a little box
either... Good luck with whatever you decide!

         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------