RE: Gas tanks/gauges/capacit

From: jed@loop.com
Date: Fri Feb 02 1996 - 12:21:40 EST

At 03:20 PM 2/1/96 -0600, you wrote:

>I was disappointed when with only 17 mpg from my v6 4x4 auto. I would expect a
>lot better than the 14.2 you are getting with the 5spd unless it's all city
>driving.
>
>Dave Clement

>The most miles I've seen from one tank is 270. Am I getting bad mileage?
I >just figured that this is what the V6 got.

The time I got 270 miles to a tank was driving to Vegas, so it was highway
miles that gave me the 270. If I have a 22 gallon tank, then I could travel
~320 with a full tank. This seems to be a little below the average for the
V6. Maybe it's time for a little tune up. Did all club cabs come with a 22
gallon tank? I'm a little paranoid when it comes to driving the truck on or
below the E, but if I have a 22 gallon tank then I have no worries.

Jed Unrot