Halleluja!

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 11 1996 - 16:44:09 EST

I saw a spy picture of the 1997 Dakota in this past Sunday's Chicago Tribune;
appeared very Ram-esque, despite all the vinyl covering and paint camoflage.
 To quote Paul Lienert in the article:"The new Dakota pickup will spawn a
mid-size sport-utility vehicle for Dodge in Fall '97 to pit against Explorer
and Blazer. Engine choices will include the 3.9-liter, V-6 and 5.2- and
5.9-liter, V-8s." Of course this means the 5.9 is an option in the new
Dakota, right? I can see it now, a short-bed Dakota with a 3.90 rear and a
5.9L mill, with some fat rubber in back (I'm sure CC isn't silly enough to
continue the 6-inch rim with a 6-on-4.5 bolt pattern) and a street-smart
suspension adjustment.... Ohhh, I'm getting dizzy just thinking about
it....Auntie Em, it wasn't a dream....