1988 Dakota Brake Problem

From: zanto@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 12 1996 - 12:40:01 EST

Truck has 125,000 miles
I recently replaced the brake shoes on the rear of
my 1988 Dakota. No leaks were detected in the
wheel cylinders so I did not service them.
The brake drums, while worn, were still in
reasonably good condition, so I initially did not
replace them. The problem is that the brake on
the passenger side continues to adjust tight to
point that it locks up. I've now replaced the
drum on that side as well as loosened the emerg.
brake to the point where the cable is drooping.
I've replaced most of the springs and the
starwheel, but to no avail. The brake continues
to adjust itself tight within a few days of
readjusting it loose. I've had it to two brake
shops for help, but they can't find anything wrong.
Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
If so, I'd appreciate any help you could give me
on resolving this irritating problem. Reply to
zanto@aol.com please.
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)