Re: 96 Dakota

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Tue Mar 12 1996 - 13:02:52 EST

>Yep, I got one at the end of January- it's a 4WD 5-speed with a 3.60 rear.
>Short bed, standard cab. I got heavy duty just about everything, and the
tow
>package.
>So far, so good- but I keep spinning the tires out of stop signs, corners,
>on entrance ramps, and so on. :-)

Got the same setup in a '94.

I almost never use first gear anymore, start out in second. I use 1st to
go up and down the hill near my house in NH where non-4x4 vehicles wait for
spring thaw. That's about it! You will be amazed where low range and
first gear will take you.

Also, the stock rubber (you have the Michelins right?) are HORRIBLE. I'm
currently running Mickey Thompson Baja Belted HP's, and they hook up MUCH
better! Love the 112Mph speed raiting too!

Have fun, and watch out for the boys in blue!

Christopher Siano | "How do you control this thing?"
CSiano@Banyan.com | "Who Cares, Go FASTER!"
    0- | -Suicide