Re: allen wrench

From: L. Jacobs (ljacobs@calvin.uchsc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 15 1996 - 11:54:04 EST

> > When you go to change the transmission, you'll need a very large allen
> > wrench. It is the same wrench used on VW's and can be found for $5 on
> > those Help! displays.

Wow, I can actually use a tool I have in my garage ! <grin>

It's a 17mm allen, good for Porsche 914's and VW's
(to make everyone else feel better, I paid about $20 for mine <frown>).

If this is true for the manual transmission, is it also good for
the transfer case ? (I still only have 250 miles on mine, and haven't
crawled under it yet).

                         - Lee - LJacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu