RE: Ok well then wires

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Tue Mar 19 1996 - 07:36:56 EST

From: mmeye@umr.edu@INTERNET on Mon, Mar 18, 1996 6:13 PM

>Ok Splitfires are not worth it; platinum is the way to go. How about
>replacing the wires. Is it worth it upgrade to high performance wires to go
>with the platinum plugs??

Michael,

My own personal opinion is do not replace your stock wires until they need to be
replaced (2 or 3 years old). When you do replace them get high quality wires
that come with a lifetime gaurentee then you won't need to buy them again. My
local parts store hates to see me coming (I buy the gaurented wires and replace
them for free every two years).

I have had good luck with a wires manufactured by GoldMark. They are reasonably
priced ($25-$35), gaurented, silcone wires/boots and have a unique design
feature where they wrap the carbon core with a fine solid wire. They still
provide radio noise supression but have but provide most of the advantage of
solid conductor wires.

Dave Clement