Alpine Only??

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Wed Apr 03 1996 - 14:52:00 EST

>From: Dave_Clement-LDC009
>To: BAC0813; dakota
>Subject: RE: New to club
>Date: Wednesday, April 03, 1996 4:54AM

>transfer case). No one seems to be happy with the CC stereos in the Dakotas
>and Alpine seems to be the recommended upgrade.

I've been on the list for a while, and I've never heard of this being the
preferred upgrade for CC stereos... I personally purchased a Pioneer CD head
unit, specifically designed to fit Chrysler and <ugh> GM vehicle radio slots
with NO modification necessary... bought a $10 wiring harness adapter which
took 5 minutes to wire up, and bolted the unit in... total install time was
approximately 30 minutes... sounds great, even with the stock speakers (but
I do want to replace those as well)... I think it's somewhat unfair to
recommend a specific unit, only because the bottom line is how well it works
for each particular buyer/user... Comments/questions welcome!

Ciao!

         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------