Auto Trannys (fwd)

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 1996 - 12:04:04 EST

&
& Hello everone in the club. I have just joined this week after my purchase of a
& 1996 Dakota Club 4X2, V6 Magnum, Auto with the normal set of bells and whistles
& on the inside. I got it in Brilliant Blue over Autumn something or other :).
&
& Before I bought it, I asked around about the auto tranny in the CC's as I've
& never owned a CC product before (the '89 Ram 50 was a Mitsubishi with a
& different nameplate). Anyhow, all the word I got from my sources was that the CC
& tranny coupled to the Magnum engines was an excellent drive train. I've read
& several messages over the past couple of days deriding the auto tranny from CC.
&
& Can anyone elaborate or add some facts to the rhetoric?

Don't sweat it, they improved the transmissions by '94 if not earlier.
I haven't heard of any transmission problems with the newer models.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-4848 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Yamaha IT175 XT350 YZF600 Seca750 Kawi KDX200
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 KC6WUG, AMA, DoD #7566, NMLRA, I'm the NRA.