RE: Who-s Who List

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Mon Apr 08 1996 - 10:33:00 EDT

> What do you think of having a separate page for the generic dakota
>pictures and the pictures of the members' trucks? I was thinking about
>having the "generic" page pretty much exactly like it is now, but for
>the members, I'd create a nicer format, with some sort of standardized
>info form for each of the trucks. (Stuff like, year, configuration,
>color, modifications, planned (future) modifications, owner's name,
>e-mail address, etc...)

Yup, sounds good... have the garden-variety Dakotas on the main DML home
page, and then a link to some of the DML member vehicles.. could post your
"info form" to the list for any members who want their trucks shown, and
they could upload 'em with the pictures!! Sounds great to me.. (I've got
some more pictures being developed soon, some different angles, etc.
:-)

>>>For those that don't have pictures, maybe a funny graphic with
>>>'picture not yet available' of the truck.
>>
>>Good idea... who's got ideas for a NYA graphic??

> Heh heh heh... Anyone have a picture of a totalled Dakota? ;)

Ouch! Not sure if I'd wanna see that...

> Yep... BTW: Does anyone have any ideas or preferences as to how this
>should be ordered? i.e. alphabetically by name, by model year, etc?

That would probably depend on how much time/work you're willing to devote to
the page itself.. With members adding things fairly often, could get to be a
busy job!!

> Also, depending on how big the page gets, it might be necessary to
>do without the thumbnail views right on the page. I thought maybe I
>would have two links for each picture... One that is a tiny thumbnail,
>and another which is the full size version. (the thumbnail being
>so the reader can get an idea of what the truck looks like and decide
>whether or not they want to spend the time to download the large
>version...) We can probably get away with having thumbnails right on
>the page for now though... (If we ever had to use the above format,
>that would eventually eliminate the "picture not available" graphic)

Well, I don't know how small the thumbnail shots could be... but maybe a
listing broken out by year, possibly model (Sport, Base, or SLT, LE, etc.),
4x2 and 4x4... many possibilities... I think you should see how many
people are actually going to send you pictures, and an info sheet on their
truck (and are you going to limit the number of pictures per vehicle, I'm
sure your disk space is limited) and then see how it progresses...
"on-the-fly webpage design"

Ciao!

         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------