RE: 1997 dakota

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Tue Apr 23 1996 - 08:39:03 EDT

I think it is for cooling or maybe to provide ambient air for a temperature
measurement. My Daytona has the Computer mounted in the air duck from the nose
of the car and the air filter box. Inside there are several large heat sinks
sticking out of the potting material into the air stream. The solidstate devices
that operate the injectors and ignition are in the module and these can generate
quite a bit of heat because of the current required by the injectors and
ignition.

Why would you want to modify the intake? You would need to make some major
engine mods before the duct would become a factor.

Dave Clement