Turn off "Maint Req." idiot light

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Tue Apr 23 1996 - 11:53:06 EDT

>Hey Gang,Does anyone know how to turn off the "Maint. Req." idiot light
thatcame on at exactly 50K (or was it 60K?). The dealer wants $65just to
>turn off the light. ThanksKen92 Dakota 5.2PS. Don't bother mentioning
pulling the bulb, I've thought of that.

Believe it or not, on the Jeep Wrangler, this is exactly what most dealer
mechanics do. In that vehicle, it is simply a mileage switch, nothing
more. I can't see Chrysler doing something different on another vehicle.

You can try disconnecting the battery for 24 hours as that will wipe out
the computer's memory, but no guarantee that it will solve the problem.

BTW: Anybody have any real ideas as to how much the OBD-II systems are
going to cause trouble?

Christopher Siano | A little Revolution
CSiano@Banyan.com | now and again
    0- | is a good thing.