Trailer Stuff

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Wed May 01 1996 - 18:57:00 EDT

Hi there -

Ron said-
> >I got [a Class III receiver] put on at U-Haul for $149, inc.
> >wiring harness.
>
> >I think it was worth the money to pay for the installation.

I had one put on at a local trailering place, was a little over $200
installed with everything, receiver, ball and hitch, wiring harness,
receiver cap, heavy-duty flasher, installation, etc etc. I'm extremely
pleased with the job they did installing it... (Mine is a Draw-Tite as
well)

Justin said -

>I assume if that I install a Class III receiver, that I'm going to have to
>remove my spare from under the frame. Is this correct?

Nope.. it mounts between the bumper and the spare tire, and the receiver
sits just below the lower portion of the bumper... nice clean install, and
not really noticeable unless you're really looking for it (and you only
lose another 3/4" of ground clearance)..

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and happy hauling!!

Ciao!

                Ned Vogler | ----------------------------
          Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
        Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
        (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
   '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
   '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------

P.S. I just pulled my tonneau cover off the back of my Dakota today... glad
I did, it was getting quite grimy under the rails. I've put the stake
pocket tie-downs in the corners of the bed so I can haul my bike to Super
Ride '96 this weekend!! I like the ability to either keep the bed covered,
or take the cover off if necessary... I do kinda miss having the built-in
tie down hooks my old S-15 had... <ducking>... But I like everything else
about my Dakota better!!