Shocks

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Wed May 01 1996 - 21:54:19 EDT

I realize that Monroe's may not be the very best shocks around, but I put
a set of Sensa-Tracs on my 92, V6, 4x4 5sp'd and have found them to be
generally satisfactory. My Dakota doesn't ride like a car with these
shocks, but then it's not a car either. With the bed full to the top of
the canopy with wet firewood it handles and rides well.

With these shocks, a Hellweg rear anti-rollbar, 2000# payload suspension
and 235/75's I have no trouble keeping up with/blowing the doors off most
of the idiots on the twisty bits on pavement, and 60-65 on dirt roads in
Eastern Montana is FUN!

The part numbers for the shocks are 37068 for the fronts and 37069 for the
rears, there may be an ST suffix attached to these numbers. When I
wrecked one of the rears, my fault entirely, I found that replacement
prices varied by up to $20+ (EACH) so shop around!

Larry Elliott