RE: A call for part numbers--shocks for <<4WD>> Dakota

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue May 07 1996 - 19:55:21 EDT

Here are the Bilstein part numbers I'm enjoying on my 4x4 Dakota:

Front: B461017 - You have to ream the lower mount to fit the bigger Dodge
bolt than the Ford application - no need to worry, Bilstein used hefty
pipe stock, not split-tubing.

Rear: AK2049 - compress them and tie a string around them to install, I
think the Suburban has a tad more stroke than the Dakota application (good).

Oh, incidently, I'm also using non-American (regrettably) spark plugs from
NGK, their new (two years ago) V-Power series number FR-4. I have 60K miles
(about twice the life of the stock Champions) on them now -- replacing soon.

Only the best,

Jim
Gun Control = Life Control = Vote Control = Speech Control = Opinion Control
  _
 |_) o r n FREE, \/ O T E FREE, /--\ r m e d & FREE, |_ I V E FREE !

     ~*~*~ Tyranny Insurance by Colt's Manufacturing Cos. ~*~*~