Re: Engine Computers -Reply

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Wed May 08 1996 - 12:16:54 EDT

Larry writes:

"...reteaching(!) the stock SBEC what it was supposed to do. The
reteaching the SBEC thing is what I was told by one of the service
guys at the dealer, beats me."

Everytime I put my truck in for service and repair, I request a
"resetting" of the computer. The engine runs smoother, gas
mileage goes back up, it's just happier. My advisor said they
simply flush the memory and reprogram it. Any of you tech-heads
know anything about this?

Larry writes:

"If the price of gas once again becomes reasonable (less d**n
expensive), the performance controller will be reinstalled."

Forget it...gas prices will never again be reasonable. But, if we
were to listen to what the liberals in Washington say, as they try
to convince us that our tax-inflated gas prices are still half that of
what Europe is paying, we would be much happier sheeple.

BTW for years I have put Exxon Super in every motorized vehicle I
have owned (84 Honda Shadow, 84 Honda Nitehawk S, 86
Yamaha FJ1200, Evinrude boat motor, 87 Chev. Spectrum, 92
Dakota V8, 95 Dodge Ram Wagon 2500. They also get K&N
filters and Mobil 1.). I guess you could say I'm accustomed to the
price of Super (I'm now paying $1.45/gal.--$45+ to fill up the van's
32 gal. tank)

Ken Mansfield
An armed society is a polite society--R Heinlein