RE:

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Sat May 25 1996 - 17:26:58 EDT

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET; stei0302@csclub0.cs.fredonia.
edu@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Sat, May 25, 1996 5:28 PM
Subject: RE:

From: stei0302@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET on Sat, May 25, 1996 2:08 PM

>Does anyone have any experience with the K&N filter on the 3.9L engine? I
have
>an '89 4x4 with the under-powered V-6 (pre-magnum) and I'm looking for an
>inexpensive performance upgrade. (Maybe someday I can afford the HiPo
computer,
>headers, etc.) Only the filter element is available for this year, not the
>complete housing. Would there be any noticable difference in performance
with
>this filter? Several guys at work have raved about the K&N stuff on their
>sports cars, and now you fellow Dakotans are doing the same. Am I missing
>something good here? Any advice would be appreciated.

Scott,
I have an 89 4x4 with an Amsoil oiled foam filter. These are comperable to
the K&N in there ability to flow air and are better at holding dirt. There
is no noticable performance difference and I do not drive the truck
consistently over the same roads so I can't judge if there is an mpg
increase. On my Daytona I picked up about .5mpg over a paper filter.

The next time you need an exhaust go with a free flow muffler and larger
diameter pipes. If you can afford another $100 go with a free flow cat also.

Dave Clement
89 4x4 LE

ps: there is no computer available for your 89