RE: Loud "roar"?

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Tue Jun 11 1996 - 13:30:00 EDT

Hey Tim,

I've got a '96 Club Cab 4x4 V-8 also, with the 5-speed and my truck also
seems to make this "roaring" sound but usually only in the morning after I
start it. I usually let it warm up for a couple of minutes to get the oil
pressure up, then when I take off in first gear, that's when I get the
"roar". It only seems to happen for about the first 20-30 seconds or so,
usually once I've shifted through 2nd and 3rd gears, it's quiet again. I
had previously thought it was because the engine was still a bit cold and
the choke (does a fuel-injected vehicle have choke?) was on... I have a
friend here at work who has a '96 Club Cab 4x4 V-8 automatic, similar to
yours, and he has also mentioned this particular "roar" or as he put it
"whooshing"... If you do speak to the dealer, let me know what you find
out, and I can pass the word along to him as well. Good luck.

| Ned Vogler - Network Administrator | ---------------------------- |
| Rockville General Hospital, CT | _ _ _ _ _ _ |
| (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) - Work | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_` |
| (nvogler@juno.com) - Home | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_| |
| '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab | |
| '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ---------------------------- |