Door Alignment on New Dakota

From: dbarnett@cts.com
Date: Tue Jun 11 1996 - 22:47:13 EDT

I purchased a new Dakota Sport, and I love the truck. Nothing but compliments so far. The question that I have is on the driver side door alignment. When waxing my truck I noticed that the bottom part of the door stuck out an 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch. I took it to the dodge dealer, and they had no clue......they recommended me to a local body shop. They stated that the door was not stamped hard enough. The problem could be fixed by using a rubber mallet. THIS SOUNDS strange to me. I have power locks and windows. All this banging might affect the guts inside the door.

What should I do ? I habve noticed 5 or 6 minor flaws in the mettalic paint job as well, light spots etc. The bumpers also have rust on the inside of them. Will this cause problems in the future ? I LOVE the truck. I just wish the quality was a little better on the outside.

Thank you for your help. !

Dan Barnett
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)