Re: Dirty throttle-body?!?!

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 12 1996 - 12:02:45 EDT

In a message dated 96-06-12 10:09:20 EDT, KMansfie@compucom.com (KEN
MANSFIELD) writes:

>BTW, does anyone know what size Holley carb the 5.2
>Magnum's throttle body is similiar to? I want to put on a
>cheeep environmental-raping open air cleaner (can't pay
>$104 for the K&N FIPK). Can I just leave the crankcase vent
>open?

It's just your standard 5 1/4" diameter, like most carburetors, but unless
you go low-profile, you have to get a recessed bottom for the housing (not
unusual) because the engine + intake sit relatively high under the hood. I
fit a 3" x 14" K&N in a generic chrome housing with recessed bottom (about
$20 at the local parts shop) on my 95 V8. It looks much better; be careful
with the center stud, though. I had to get a longer stud due to the
increased height of filter + housing, and I didn't trim it enough. Now I
have a teeny little dimple in the middle of my hood! :( Not noticable to
most people, but I can see it! So make sure you close the hood _lightly_ if
you put the tall air cleaner on!