Re: dies

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 1996 - 22:02:20 EDT

It's probably the speed/distance sensor that lives on the transmission
tailshaft. The speedo cable screws into it and there's a wire plugged
into it that goes to the engine controller. The sensor sends a signal to
the engine that the vehicle is still in motion so that the engine doesn't
die. The sensor's relatively inexpensive (as those things go) at about
$50 or so. When mine went it'd die at every stop for awhile then work
fine. It'd always restart immediately though. Some sort of an internal
short I guess.

Larry Elliott, '92 3.9 4x4 LE