RE: exhaust rust

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Fri Jun 28 1996 - 23:08:48 EDT

I think that the muffler on Magnum 3.9's is 2.5" in and out, BUT you've
got to cut off the pipe as close to the front of the muffler as possible.
The pipe between the cat and the muffler is swaged down in two or three
steps from 3" to 2.5" as I remember.

Are the Dynomax's reasonable mufflers BTW? I'll probably need a muffler
in a while and am torn between a 3" muffler and tailpipe catback and a
2.5". Any opinions, experience, whatever for a 92 3.9? Mine's a shortbed
4x4 so Mopar's catback system won't fit, besides being a tad pricey.

Larry Elliott, 92 3.9 4x4 LE