RE: Any tire suggestions?

From: mherrick@ptialaska.net
Date: Fri Jun 28 1996 - 23:55:35 EDT

On Friday, June 28, 1996 5:48 PM, Jon
Steiger[SMTP:stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu] wrote:
>>Well, with just over 12,000 miles on the odometer, the stock Invictas
>>are about to give up. I even rotated them, all 4 tires look the same.
>>Do I win some kind of prize, or are these just really crappy tires? :)
>>
>> Anyway, I'd like a new set of tires, obviously. My primary
>>application is street driving. The closest I ever come to going off
>>road is when I drive across my front lawn. I would like to get a tire
>>that won't be too hard to handle in the winter though. (With weight
>>in the bed, of course). I'd like a tire that'll handle the curves
>>and the wet, and hopefully keep their tread longer than these Invictas.

I don't know if there is a prize involved but I am about to change out My
Invictas at a little over 22,000. I am going with Wrangler P-Metrics, They
are a little tougher than the Invictas and with only 20 miles of paved road
on the Island I figured a more On/Off road tire blend would be good. Not
only that but I couldn't pass up the price which was really good for
Alaska.

How about hearing how long that wonderful stock rubber lasted on the
Dakotas out there??

Mark M. Herrick ** Kodiak, Alaska
mherrick@ptialaska.net ** M.Herrick/ASKodiak05@cgsmtp.uscg.mil
http://www.ptialaska.net/~mherrick
1994 Dakota Club Cab, V-6, 5 Speed, 2 Wheel Drive
1996 Timberwolf ATV, 1 4X4, 1 2X4