Re: exhaust plan

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 1996 - 15:24:30 EDT

> Thanks to all who responded. My 2.5/2.5 Dynomax Super Turbo muffler
> (supposed 11 hp gain) should arrive in 7 to 10 business days. I took Dave's
> advice about J.C. Whitney's sale and was totally satisfied. The sale price
> including $8 in shipping was $40.62. Less than half what my local Super
> Shops tried to sell it to me for. I think this is a great price (the parts
> rep I dealed with at J.C. Whitney said they were practily giving them away).
> My call to J.C. Whitney was quick and painless; great company. Since I
> didn't have the sales ad they looked it up for me. I plan to try to throw
> some more business thier way in the future.
>
> Michael Meyerhoff
> mmeye@umr.edu

I've had good luck with JC Whitney except one time when I had some stuff
sent to work rather than home. It was openned in the shipping dept. and
I didn't get all of my order :-(. I bought a 'Hidden Hitch' class three
hitch from them last year for my '87 Dakota, and had no trouble installing
it whatsoever. Some of there stuff can be pretty cheezy though...it's
kinda hard to tell what you're getting from the catalogue. I have noticed
that they are displaying brand names more in their catalogues. Has anyone
bought the overhead storage unit that mounts where the sun visors attach?
How good is the construction and color match? I have a tan interior.
This would be very helpful to me since I don't have the club cab option.
Thanks.

-Jim.
'87 Dakota v6 auto lb