Re: 91 dakota 2x4 Drop Kits?

From: Ed Traxler (edtrax@dedot.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 1996 - 00:29:53 EDT

TeamGTZ@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 96-07-10 02:06:00 EDT, Xcliffy@ssimicro.com writes:
>
> Believe me, my 95 Dakota has been an ongoing modification from Day 1; I've researched tons o' info!

(snip, snip, good stuff)

I have a few questions .. hope you will forgive dumb ones. My truck is also a 95 Dakota with
extended cab, but with the 3.9 V-6.

1) Following your advice, I found an advertisement for AIM products in the Aughust 96 issue of
Trucking magazine, listed under Suspension Pro Techs. Spindles listed .. Blueprint $149, Bullett
$169, .. what's the diff??

2) I see you are using 2" dropped spindles & 1" drop springs. Question is where did you come up
with that combination? (I noticed though, that this ad only had 1" drop springs for the Dakota .. I
suppose that just might enter into the caculation) How would the difference in weight between
your V-8 and my V-6 affect the choice??

3) With everything, what did you actually end up with .. 2" front/back ???

4) Did you get a shop to do it, or do it yourself?? (What problems did you run into during
installation .. would I need special equipment for the spindle changeout for example)

5) About alignment .. I dropped by a WallMart the other day, thought I would get my front-end aligned. (I'm
stationed at an army post in the middle of no where .. I don't have that many choices). They told me that they
didn't have the specs for my 95 Dakota! Hmm .. any problems aligning your lowered truck??

Thanks in advance,
Ed Traxler