RE: Foul Smell - A/C Problem? -Reply

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 1996 - 11:36:08 EDT

Robert,

Maybe the Dakota system has a design that allows mold or
mildew to grow in the nooks and crannies. I have a '92 and, in
Dallas, the humidity can approach the 60% levels during the
Summer, higher in spring and fall, and, though the air from the
vents certainly doesn't smell new, it doesn't stink.

I also run my compressor every day the truck is driven, regardless
of the temp. I've heard compressor lasts longer if it is run for at
least a minute or 2 each day. May that's why my system doesn't
reek of mildew.

klm

>>> "Bertekap, Robert L."
<Bertekap#m#_Robert_L#d#.Wallingford_Mail_Server@msmail.bms.com> 07/18/96 05:57am >>>
  Funny, though, that I have a 19 year old Pontiac which operates
in the same weather, and it's A/C never smelled.