Re: I'm having a problem with my automatic trans

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Jul 30 1996 - 18:13:47 EDT

>> 1) The roar is almost certainly the fan, running at full engine speed. You
>1. No, I don't have the towing package and the noise goes away when the
>tranny quits slipping.
Well, then I take back:
>> I don't think there's anything wrong, just some minor annoyances:

>> 2) The slipping clutch problem is most likely the Torque Converter drain back.
>2. It's a very annoying problem. I've owned several vehicles with
>automatic transmissions and never had this problem before. Do all AT's
>have a drainback valve?

No, they don't. Most older, at least ChryCo ATs, had a drain plug on the TC
and (I think) only drained back if they were worn.

Not sure what the reason for the change, whether it's better balance, efficiency
(seems to have come along with lockup converters) or reduced service.

Take it to a tranny shop, not the dealer.

^^ A good one. ^^

Jim

The answer to terrorism is freedom, not Freehdom.