Re: Dual Exhaust for 93 Dakota

From: Michael Clark (mcclark@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 1996 - 21:26:54 EDT

> I own a 94 Dakota V8. I put a Flowmaster exhaust that makes it dual from the cat back. Its a 3 inch pipe from the cat to the flowmaster muffler, then two 2 inch pipes the rest of the way out. Boy did it make a difference. Its good for about 10-15 horsepower. Really woke up the Dodge. And the sound is excellent. The stock muffler on your truck is the same one they put on the V6 and really creates too much back preasure for the V8.
> I then bought the performance computer, from mopar performance, good for another 15 horsepower.
> I took it to the track in Temple about a month ago and ran a 15.5 quater mile at 89 miles an hour. Thats an almost 2 second and nine miles and hour improvement over my trucks old times. My biggest problem now is traction, even with 235/70's I light them up in 1st and 2nd gear. Its time for limited slip diff.
> Hope this helps...
>

> Alan Casey 94 Dakota V8 1/4=88.96 ET=15.5 acasey@io.com

Where do your pipes exit? Two at the stock location, or one on each
side below the rear bumper. I have looked under my truck (SWB) and
can't see how tailpipes could exit other than the stock location (right
side) thanks to the gas tank and ABS stuff. I would like to have two
pipes exiting straight back on both sides under the bumper. I thought
this was possible until I looked at my own truck, now I don't know. I
swear I saw a Dakota the other day with exhaust like this, It might have
been a long wheel base though. Maybe there is more room on the long
wheel base models that allows for that.

Thanks to everyone on the mailing list who has responded to my original
question. It has helped me out alot!

Michael Clark mcclark@ix.netcom.com
93, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB
5.2L, 4spd auto, LE, Mark III